Are you searching for information on Federal Government Recruitment 2023/2024? Look no further! This webpage provides comprehensive details on the ongoing recruitment process, including the types of Federal Government jobs available, application procedures, necessary requirements, and qualifications.
We have made it our mission to guide you through the Federal Government recruitment process, ensuring that you have all the information you need to make a successful application. So be sure to read this article carefully and follow the outlined instructions.
The Federal Government is committed to providing equal opportunities to all job seekers, regardless of their background, beliefs, or other personal characteristics. This means that everyone, from recent graduates to experienced professionals, has the chance to secure a Federal Government job.
If you are looking for a way to make a meaningful impact and improve your life, consider the Federal Government as your next step. With a focus on helping young people across Nigeria, the Federal Government is eager to help you reach your full potential. So take action and explore the exciting career opportunities available now!
Looking for guidance on how to increase your chances of being selected for the 2023/2024 Federal Government recruitment process? You’ve come to the right place. On this page, you will find all the steps and procedures you need to follow to maximize your chances of success. Whether you’re a recent graduate or an experienced professional, this guide will provide valuable information that can help you make the most of your application. So, take the time to carefully read through the information provided and follow the recommendations to give yourself the best chance of success.
List of Federal Government Recruitment Agencies
Below is a list of Federal Government Agencies you should consider applying.
- National Identity Management Commission (NIMC)
The National Identity Management Commission is a statutory Nigerian organization that operates the country’s national identity management systems.
To be a member of the NIMC, visit the official recruitment portal and start an online application.
- Nigeria Police Force
The Nigeria Police Force is one of the Federal Government recruitment agencies in Nigeria. The force is the principal law enforcement and the lead security agency in the country.
To be a Nigeria Police officer, visit the official Nigeria Police recruitment portal and start an application.
- National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC)
NAFDAC is a Federal Government agency that is responsible for regulating and controlling the advertisement, distribution, manufacture, exportation, importation, sale and use of drugs, food, chemicals, cosmetics, packaged water, and medical devices in Nigeria.
If you know you have what it takes to work with NAFDAC, then visit www.nafdac.gov.ng and start an application.
- Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON)
Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON) is the apex standardization body in Nigeria. The aims and objectives of the organisation include:
- Assistance in the production of quality goods
- Certification of industrial products
- Preparation of standards and processes relating to measurements, materials, and products and their promotion at the regional, national, and international levels
- Circulation of information relating to standards
- Improvement of measurement accuracy
- Quality control and metrology
To submit an application, visit the official SON recruitment portal.
- Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR)
Department of Petroleum Resources is also among the Federal Government recruitment agencies. DPR is a department under the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources, The Department of Petroleum Resources has the statutory responsibility of ensuring compliance to petroleum laws, regulations and guidelines in the Oil and Gas Industry.
Want to apply? Then visit www.dpr.gov.ng.
- Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC)
NSCDC is a para-military agency of the Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria that is commissioned to provide measures against threat and any form of attack or disaster against the nation.
Want to apply? Then this job portal will work you through.
- Independent Corrupt Practices And Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC)
ICPC is one of the Federal Government recruitment agencies. The core mandate of the Independent Corrupt Practices Commission (ICPC) is to prohibit and prescribe punishment for corrupt practices and other related offences.
Do you think you have what it takes to join the ICPC in fighting corruption in the country? If so, then you are one step away from securing a place at the Independent Corrupt Practices Commission. Click on the above link to get started.
- Nigerian Army
The Nigerian Army is governed by the Nigerian Army Council. It is the largest component of the Nigerian Armed Forces, and is responsible for land warfare operations.
Want to be a Nigerian army? The application process can be accessed via recruitment.army.mil.ng.
- Federal Civil Service Commission (FCSC)
FCSC is an executive body that has the authority to make transfers and appointments, and to exercise disciplinary control over all Federal Civil Servants.
Do you have what it takes to be a member of the Federal Civil Service Commission? Then visit the official FCSC recruitment portal and start an application.
- Nigerian Air Force
The Nigerian Air Force is the air branch of the Nigerian Armed Forces. It is one of the largest in Africa. If you want to be a member of the Nigerian Air-force, why not start an application today? To apply, visit https://airforce.mil.ng.
- Federal Ministry of Education
Do you have what it takes to be a teacher? If so, then you are one step away from securing a job. Application for the Federal Ministry of Education Recruitment is now open for all interested and qualified candidates who want to work with this agency. For more information, visit https://education.gov.ng.
- Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA)
NIMASA is responsible for regulations related to shipping, maritime labor, and coastal waters. The agency also undertakes inspections and provides search and rescue services.
For more details on how to apply, visit the official NIMASA portal today.
- Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)
The Independent National Electoral Commission is the electoral body that oversees elections in Nigeria. It is one of the Federal Government recruitment agencies in Nigeria.
More details regarding the Independent National Electoral Commission recruitment can be seen via www.inecnigeria.org.
- National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA)
The mission of the National Emergency Management Agency is to coordinate resources towards efficient and effective disaster prevention, preparedness, mitigation and response in Nigeria. NEMA acts in the following areas:
- Disaster Risk Reduction
- Policy and strategy
- Search and rescue
- Geographic Information System
- Relief and rehabilitation
- Research and forecasting
- Finance and logistics
Want to apply? Then this official portal will work you through.
- UBEC/ Federal Teachers Scheme
Universal Basic Education Commission vision is to be a world class regulatory agency and education intervention for the promotion of qualitative and functional basic education in Nigeria.
Do you have what it takes to be a teacher? Then this recruitment portal will work you through.
- Federal Fire Service
The Federal Fire Service is the principal agency of the Federal Government of Nigeria, established by an Act of Parliament mandated with the sole responsibility of mitigation, paramedical, extinction and prevention of fire and other emergencies as well as perform other sundry duties.
The application process can be accessed via www.fedfire.gov.ng.
- Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC)
Today, the demand for the Nigerian Railway Corporation services is on the increase and the NRC is in desperate need of interested and qualified applicants to fill up the available vacancies.
More details regarding the Nigerian Railway Corporation recruitment can be seen via www.nrc.gov.ng.
- Nigerian Port Authority (NPA)
The Nigerian Ports Authority is a Federal Government Agency that operates and governs all ports in Nigeria. The agency is looking for interested and suitably qualified applicants who are willing and able to work. Applicants are expected to have interpersonal skills, relevant academic qualifications, excellent communications, and technical qualifications.
The application process can be accessed via https://nigerianports.gov.ng.
- Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS)
The Nigeria Immigration Service is one of the Federal Government recruitment agencies. The application form can be accessed via www.immigration.gov.ng.
- Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)
EFCC is a Nigerian law enforcement agency that investigates financial crimes such as advance fee fraud and money laundering.
To apply for the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission recruitment exercise, visit efccnigeria.org.
- Nigerian Navy
The Nigerian Navy is a branch of the Nigerian Armed Forces. It is among the largest navies on the African continent, consisting of several thousand personnel.
Want to be a member of the Nigerian Navy? If so, then visit the official Nigerian Navy recruitment portal and start an application.
- Nigeria Customs Service
Are you interested in joining the Nigeria Customs Service? More details regarding the Nigerian Railway Corporation recruitment can be seen via www.customs.gov.ng.
- Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC)
Federal Road Safety Corps is the Government Agency with statutory responsibilities for road safety administration in Nigeria.
To apply, visit the Federal Road Safety Corps official recruitment portal at frsc.gov.ng.
- National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA)
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency is a federal agency in Nigeria tasked with preventing the distribution, export, storage, production, and smuggling of hard and illegal drugs.
The Agency is looking for suitable and qualified candidates who are willing and able to work. To apply, visit the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency official recruitment portal.
- Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS)
FIRS is the agency responsible for assessing, collecting, and accounting for tax and other revenues accruing to the Federal Government. The application process can be accessed via www.firs.gov.ng.
- National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS)
The National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) is a body corporate established under Act 35 of 1999 Constitution by the Federal Government of Nigeria to improve the health of all Nigerians at an affordable cost.
For more information on how to apply, visit the NHIS recruitment portal via www.nhis.gov.ng.
The above Federal government recruitment agencies are a few of the many available Government recruitment agencies in Nigeria. For more Federal Government jobs in Nigeria, click on the above link and explore the one that suits you best base on your experience and qualification. Once you are selected, life-changing opportunities are ahead.
Federal Government Recruitment 2023/2024 General Requirements
- Interested applicants must be a Nigerian Citizen.
- Must not have been involved in any criminal activities in the past. Candidates with bad criminal record will not be accepted.
- Must be willing to work in a new environment
- Interested applicants must be physically and mentally fit
- Interested applicants must be of good behavior and composure
- Must possess a minimum of Five Credits in no more than two sittings in West African Senior School Certificate (WASSCE), National Examination Council (NECO), and General Certificate of Education (GCE). Credit in English is compulsory
- Ability to establish and nurture beneficial business relationships
- Some positions required possession of B.Sc, HND, NCE, OND certificate from a recognized institution
- Applicant interested in the Federal Government recruitment must not be over 35 years
- All candidates must have a valid means of identification such as a valid driver license, National Identification Card, International passport, Voters card
- Interested candidates must have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of tax laws and administration in Nigeria
- Self-motivated with a willingness to take initiative and solve complex problems
- NYSC Discharge or Exemption Certificate for graduate position
- Strong team spirit and excellent analytical skills
- Computer literacy is an added advantage
Important Point to Note Regarding the Federal Government Recruitment
- Please note that we do not have any influence on the ongoing Federal Government recruitment. What we provide is the necessary information you need to be selected. We have outlined the steps, requirements, and guidelines that will guide you to a successful application.
- The Federal Government said it will no longer register candidates who do not have the National Identity Number (NIN). Candidates are advised to register and obtain their National Identity Number (NIN) from the National Identity Management Commission as the number is mandatory for all candidates.
- Therefore, to apply for any Federal Government jobs 2023/2024, you must have a NIN number. To obtain your National Identification Number (NIN), walk into any Local Government Council near you and get yourself registered.
- Candidates may only apply for one position (Multiple applications will result in disqualification). Before applying for any position, please make sure that you are what you said you are.
- Beware of fraudulent calls and job promises. Do not apply via any other website other than the official Government recruitment portal.
- Do not pay anyone who claims he will help you get this job. The Federal Government does not require candidates to make any payments to any person. The application is absolutely free.
- Figure out the particular field of work of your interest and apply to as many Government agencies that match your interest. The reason? Applying for only one agency is not a guarantee that you will be selected. Thousands of people will also be applying for the same position and at the same agency. And in the end, only a few candidates will be selected. So it is advisable to apply to as many agencies as possible.
- For example, if you want to be in the military, applying for the Nigerian Army alone isn’t a guarantee. To save yourself the stress of applying for a position at the Nigerian Army year after year, why not apply for the Nigerian Air-force, Navy, DSS, and the Nigerian Police Force at the same time.
- If you are not among the Nigerian Army or Navy shortlisted candidates, you will be among the Nigeria Police Force shortlisted candidates or that of the Air-force. Many people have succeeded in using this method. It is one of the best steps to get a government job. Try it and you will find out that it works.
- As another example, if you want to apply for the Federal Government education/teaching jobs, then apply for the Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC), Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN), Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), National Teachers Institute (NTI), National Examination Council (NECO), National Universities Commission (NUC), National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), West African Examination Council (WAEC), and the National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB).
- Also, if you want to apply for the Federal Government Health/Medical Jobs, then consider applying for any three of the following; Nigerian Institute of Medical Research (NIMR), National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC), National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA), National Institute for Pharmaceutical Research and Development (NIPRD), National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA), National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS). This applies to other fields of work in the Government sector.
Why You Should Apply for Federal Government Jobs
- It gives you a sense of identity, shaping the definition of who you are as a person.
- It will help you understand the world better.
- You will get a regular paycheck or salary credited to your account every month.
- You will improve your confidence and social skills.
- You will have the joy of being independent if you are employed.
- It gives your life a sense of meaning and purpose.
- You will have the opportunity to meet people you otherwise would not have met.
- You will be amazed at how much you will learn from being around people with different skills, diverse backgrounds, and levels of experience who are willing to share what they know.
How To Apply For Federal Government Recruitment 2023/2024
To apply for any Federal Government jobs in Nigeria, follow the steps below.
- Visit the official recruitment portal of any agency of your choice and complete the prescribed application form free of charge.
- You are to provide the following details (Your full name, permanent addresses, Local government of origin, Email/Telephone address, Date of birth, State of origin, Nationality, marital status, academic qualifications, institutions attended, and course of study).
- Candidates may only apply for one position (Multiple applications will result in disqualification)
- Make sure you fill all your details correctly
- Crosscheck your details before submitting
- Print out the registration slip if required
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the next phase of the recruitment exercise.
- There will be screening for all shortlisted candidates. The date and time will be communicated to you via E-mail.
The Federal Government promises that this year recruitment campaign shall be free, fair and merit-driven.
We are an equal opportunity employer and each candidate shall stand the same chance of gaining employment.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers about the Federal Government Jobs
- How can I apply for the Federal Government Recruitment 2023?
To apply, visit the official recruitment portal of any Government recruitment agency of your choice and start an online application.
- When is the Federal Government Recruitment Closing date 2023?
The deadline for the Federal Government recruitment 2023 has not been officially announced. We will let you know once it is disclosed. Keep visiting this website regularly if you want to be notified on the latest update.
- Do I need a degree before Applying for a Federal Government Job in Nigeria?
It depends on the job you are interested in. If a degree is required, it will be stated in the job description. However, an applicant who does not have a degree may still be considered if he can demonstrate substantial relevant experience.
- What are the Required Documents for the Federal Government Job?
- Print out of your registration slip.
- Certificate of State of Origin duly signed.
- Birth Certificate (the National Population Commission) or Affidavit of Declaration of Age.
- A copy of the printout of the reply to your online application.
- Recent Passport photographs.
- Educational certificates.
- Certificate of L.G.A of Origin (Local Government Identification).
- A valid means of identity such as a Valid Driver’s License, National ID Card, National Identification Number (NIN), Nigerian International Passport, Voters card.
- Bank Verification Number(BVN). Get your unique Bank Verification Number (BVN) from your bank.
To stay updated regarding on any Federal Government jobs in Nigeria, keep visiting this website regularly.
We also recommend that you bookmark or save this page and refresh it regularly in case of any change, and we will update you as soon as that happens.
Simply sign up for our recruitment alerts to get all news and updates on Federal Government Recruitment in 2023. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.