Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) has released the list of successful candidates for the 2023/2024 recruitment exercise. This article provides information for applicants who participated in the Nigerian Navy DSSC recruitment exercise.
We are pleased to inform all applicants that the Nigerian Navy DSSC Shortlisted Candidates list is now available. The screening and aptitude test will be conducted for all shortlisted candidates at specified training centers whose dates are published on the recruitment portal. Successful candidates will qualify for full-time employment with the Nigerian Navy. Please read on for more information.
Nigerian Navy DSSC Shortlisted Candidates 2023/2024
The Nigerian Navy DSSC Shortlisted Candidates 2023/2024 is now available. We will update this page with the list once it is published. Successful candidates will be invited for a screening and aptitude test at specified centers. The dates and centers will be communicated to you via email.
The Nigerian Navy DSSC list of successful candidates has been released for all 36 states in Nigeria. Successful applicants from all states of the federation can check their names via the official recruitment portal at www.joinnigeriannavy.com. The list includes the following states:
- Akwa Ibom
- Cross River
- Federal Capital Territory, Abuja
Entry Qualifications for Enlistment into the Nigerian Navy DSSC Recruitment 2023/2024
The Nigerian Navy DSSC recruitment exercise is open to graduates in various fields. The available fields include:
- Medical: General Doctors/Dental Surgeons, Consultants, Pharmacy, Dental Therapist, Medical Lab Science, Optometry, Physiotherapy, Radiographer, Clinical Psychology, Dietician, Medical Records/Health Information Management, General Nursing/Midwives, Public Health Officer, Biomedical Engineer.
- Account and Budgets: HND or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Banking and Finance. Membership of professional bodies like ACA, ICAN, ACCA, ANAN, ACMA, will be an added advantage.
- Chaplain: Bachelor’s Degree in Theology from either a Catholic or Protestant Mission.
- Engineering: B.Sc or B Eng qualifications in either Aircraft/Aeronautical Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Mechanical/Marine Engineering, or Naval Architecture/Ship Design.
- Seaman: BSc or HND in Forensic Sciences, Sociology, Nautical Sciences, Psychology, Criminology.
- Information: B.Sc or HND in either Computer Technology, Television Production, Journalism, Printing Technology, Mass Communication, Public Relations, and Cinematography.
- Education: B.Sc Ed/B.Ed in relevant fields. Holders of first degree with PGD Education in either Physics, Mathematics, English Language, History, Biology, Chemistry, Chinese Language, Computer Science, Microbiology, Biochemistry, French Language, Library Science (B.Sc), Guidance and Counseling, and Arabic Language are also eligible.
- Hydrography: B.Sc or HND in either Geology, Geophysics, Cartography, Physical Oceanography, and Surveying
- Human Resource Management: HND, BA, B.Sc, or equivalent qualification in Public Administration, Personnel Management, Human Resources Management.
- Legal Service
- Information and Communication Technology
How to Check and Download the Nigerian Navy DSSC Shortlisted Candidates
The Nigerian Navy DSSC 28 Shortlisted Candidates list has been published. To check and download the list of successful candidates in PDF format, follow the steps below:
- Visit the official recruitment portal at www.joinnigeriannavy.com
- Look for the link to check the list of successful candidates on the homepage
- Click on the link to check and download the list in PDF format
- Take note of the date for the aptitude test and the required materials
Required Documents/Materials for the Nigerian Navy DSSC Screening
Shortlisted candidates are required to come along with the following documents/materials for the screening:
- Birth certificate or age declaration (original and photocopy)
- Certificates from tertiary institutions
- Two (2) recent colored passport-sized photographs.
- First School Leaving Certificate and Senior Secondary School Certificates (WAEC, NECO, etc.), with scratch cards for verification of results (original copy of West African Examination Council Certificate is compulsory)
- Federal Ministry of Education authentication of foreign certificates
- Parents/Guardian Consent Form
- Certificate of Local Government of Origin
- Recommendation Letter from Unit (Serving Military and Para-Military Personnel)
- NYSC Discharge / Exemption certificate
- National Identity Card/Acknowledgment Slip (mandatory requirement)
- Bio Data Form
- A set of cutlery
- Two bed sheets and pillowcases
- A pair of white canvas shoes/trainers
- Three pairs of white (unmarked) vests and navy blue shorts
- Medium-size hand sanitizer
- Two pairs of face masks
- Writing materials (biro, pencil, sharpener, and eraser)
Important Points to Note on Nigerian Navy DSSC Recruitment
- Applicants must be graduates.
- Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
- Applicants must possess NYSC discharge certificate or letter of exemption from NYSC.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 30 years.
- All candidates must present their O’level result (WAEC/NECO/GCE/NABTEB). Credit in English and Mathematics is compulsory.
- Female candidates must not be less than 1.65 meters while male candidates must not be less than 1.69 meters.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Upper Division for holders of a First degree and Upper Credit for HND holders.
- Candidates must not have been involved in any criminal activities in the past.
- Applicants must possess certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria.
- Applicants must not have any communicable diseases, stammering, mental problems, sight problem, ear problem, or any physical disability. Must be physically and mentally sound. No tattoos or inscription on the body.
- Candidates are expected to go to the screening and examination center on time and attempt all questions.
- Candidates should avoid examination malpractice.
Is Nigerian Navy DSSC Shortlisted Candidates out?
Yes. The Nigerian Navy DSSC Shortlisted Candidates list for 2023/2024 is out. The list of successful candidates can be checked at www.joinnigeriannavy.com or by visiting this website regularly for updates.
Beware of fraudulent calls and job promises. Do not pay anyone who claims he will help you to be among the shortlisted candidates.
To stay updated, keep visiting this website regularly. If you have any questions regarding the Nigerian Navy DSSC